Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Resurected Hobbies

So what do you do when you are busy growing a baby and you don't have the energy to do anything that involves moving major body parts. Find a hobby or in my case resurrect an old one. I never did much in the way of knitting, wash clothes and scarfs were about the extent of my ability, but over Christmas my mother encouraged me to try something new. So I did and Amelia got a new pair of socks (which she loves and wears right out of the drier and for three days after). She is modeling them in this picture. The second project was a knitting a bag for my mother's birthday. I didn't have a pattern so I made one up which is not the best idea but after starting over many times I finally got something I liked. The best part of this project was the felting. If you use 100% wool and do all the things your not supposed to do to it like wash with soap in hot water it will shrink down to a very tight weave. As you can tell I started to wash it then decided to take a picture so it is a little damp in the first picture. But the two pictures give you an idea of after only 15 minutes in the water how much it shrinks.

5 comments:

Natasha said...

Hey Michelle I just found your blog through jamie's you look incredible i almost didn't recognize you. I too have a blog email me and I'll give you the link. nsblair@juno.com

Rachel said...

So cute! She is so darling in those socks! Love it! And your house is gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Michele,
Long time, no? Just found your link on Tami's. Way to go! Nice socks and bag! Congrats on the house. I would love to catch up with you. Michelle S

Aaron, Lindsey, and baby Taygen said...

Hi kelly,
It's me Lindsey Cottrell Haines. It's been so long since I've seen or spoken to you. I've been married now for 4 1/2 years and just had my first baby 7 weeks ago on Thursday. We named him Taygen Aaron Haines. You should check out our website and on my website I have my family members websites too. Hayes girls is Dara by the way. My website is www.hainestheirway.blogspot.com Rachel doesn't have a website though. But, her cancer is in remission and she has 2 girls now. And she's getting married on the 16 of this month.

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly, this is Eric Cottrell. I stumbled upon your blog through my sister Lindsey's blog. It is really good to see you and you have a beautiful family. Does any of your brother's or sister's have a blog? I would love to see everyone. It's been such a long time. You can see my family blog at: cottrellcorner.blogspot.com and you can view Dara's at
www.freewebs.com/hayesgirls and Lindsey's at www.hainestheirway.blogspot.com
Take care.