Saturday, November 1, 2008

MOUSE! MOUSE! MOUSE!

How can something so small scare you so badly? It is 11:30pm, Taylor is at a priesthood activity and so stupidly left his phone here at home! So imagine I am sitting on the couch knitting and watching TV enjoying a nice evening to myself. I here a little scratching I turn around and don't see anything so I assume it was outside (it was rather soft) then about ten minutes later a little dark blur rushes from the couch I am sitting on to the chair in the corner. I immediately focus on that area to make sure that I was just imagining things. But sure enough about 10 seconds later a little mouse that appeared to be the size of my shoe (my imagination is making it bigger) ran from the chair, back under the couch where I am sitting. AHHH!! It took me about three minutes to move! So now as I wait for Taylor to get home so I can go get a mouse trap and it will be me because there is now way I am staying here any longer then I have to with a critter in my house. Oh my gosh I can hear it! This is crazy, imagine I am sitting in my computer chair actually squatting in my chair in the kitchen with Taylor shoes on because they are bigger then mine and I am less likely to feel it if the mouse happens to skitter across my toes freaking out because I have a very dirty rodent in my house. I know many of you must think I am the biggest baby but I don't care that is just the way it is. Seriously where is my tuff husband when I need him?

7 comments:

Erica said...

I am for sure NOT a mouse fan either. When I was in high school I actually stepped on one only to hear a high pitch squeel that sent me screaming through the house. I hate those little critters too!!

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Oh man, I am not sure what I'd do! I would freak out too though. Did you get it?

{Marie Long} said...

Can I just say "yuck"!

Natasha said...

ewww you are so not a baby I am that way about mice and spiders freaky just thinking about it at home with out sean freaks me out hope you caught it

Liz said...

Oh Michele, I can totally relate!! We had two mice in our house recently. Ben tried to catch one but it disapeared. Then a few days later we came home from church and I was trying to get dinner finished, and Jared needed help in the bathroom off the kitchen. A mouse was in there. So we all started screaming and Ben came running and managed to catch the mouse in a bucket with a broom. Then we caught another one a few days later with a trap....it had been in my cupboard and found the halloween candy!!! YUCK! There have been no more sightings, thank goodness! It just creeps me out to no end, I feel like I have to disinfect everything!

Marcy said...

That's the end of the story? You are killing me...WHAT HAPPENED!!! I NEED TO KNOW!!!!

Reianna said...

I'm with Marcy...what happened later?