Friday, December 12, 2008

Cleaning Tips?

I don't like harsh chemicals but I have no idea what to do for my flat top cooking surface on my range other then elbow grease. Does anyone have any suggestions?

4 comments:

Rachel said...

My mom uses a razor blade to scrape it off. Works like a charm! (one of those flat ones with a neon handle, disposable)

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Wow a rasor blade. . .that sounds pretty harsh to me :) I know you don't like chemicals but if you get desperate you can do what I do. I also have a flat range too, and I have found that if I spray yellow lysol (in the spray bottle, not in the bottle with the lid)and let it sit for 5 minutes, it really takes it all off. Then if you don't want the chemicals you can wipe it again with soap and water. Just and idea. . .hope you find something that does the trick.

Sherilee said...

I use glass cooktop cleaner. Not only does it clean, but it also shines and protects. It won’t scratch the glass, and it helps polish off burned on food that would otherwise be very difficult to remove.
And I've also heard of using a razorblade. But if you can soften the stuck-on gunk first, it would be easier to get off. Good luck!

Reianna said...

I use baking soda and salt to scrub everything in my house. Then I use an alcohol, vinegar, dish soap, and water solution to disinfect and clean everything else. I have completely stopped using all commercial cleaners and I love it. I feel better about bathing my babies in the bath when I know that there isn't chemical residue all over. Good luck with cleaning!

PS- I love my long hair...I really don't have any desire right now to cut it even though it is the trend. My mom used to have really long thick beautiful hair and since she has started to go through menopause her hair is thinning and getting really brittle. I want to enjoy the time I have while I can have thick long hair. I just need to get it cut and layered nice...like I have time for that!