Monday, December 15, 2008

So Cold

Have you ever looked in the L.L. Bean catalog with all the pants lined, the coats are about ten inches deep and the gloves are so big and thick they look like you could wear them on your head? Well for the first time I understand why people would wear that stuff. No matter what I did today I haven't been able to get warm, I couldn't possibly wear another layer of pants without pulling out my maternity clothes. The High was right about 0 today and no matter how well you are dressed it just isn't enough. I can't believe on Saturday it was 50 degrees, that sounds absolutely tropical about now. I hope you all are warmer then I am! *Okay just to add a little comment, as much as I complain I must say that it is a little exciting, and it is so much fun to bake and cook when it is all white and cold outside, which is what the kids and I did all last evening. And supposedly this only happens once or twice a year and only stays low for about 2 days, so I just take this time to enjoy everyone wanting to be home and indoors.

3 comments:

cambridgeclan said...

I hate to say it Michele, but I think were staying in good old California. It hailed today and might snow a little tonight. That is about where my cold threshold is. Good luck staying warm.

Jamie and Lindsey said...

BBBBRRRRRRRRRR . . it sounds really cold! We have some snow right now too and I have to say that I really love baking on those days too. The smells make the day so much better and it warms up the house a little as well. There's just something about it.

Aaron, Lindsey, and baby Taygen said...

It has been snowing here in Utah too for the past couple of days. I have been sick with Taygen so no cooking but, it's been fun sitting inside all warm while Taygen looks out the window discovering snow for the first time.