Thursday, December 4, 2008
Uncle Tom's Cabin
I am the worst at just taking the time to get my photos off my camera. I still have loads to upload. But alas, by the time I will get them up they will be very outdated, so here is what I have been thinking and not what I have been doing.
It is snowing outside and the world looks so clean. Everything sparkles and because logically you can see that it is cold out side it makes being indoors in your own home the most joyful and peaceful of times. I am truly thankful for my blessings for a home to keep me warm and clothes to where. I have been reading "Uncle Tom's Cabin" and again it has brought me to reflect upon what I have and what I take for granted. I feel this has been (aside form church literature) one of the most spiritual enlightening books I have ever read. So if you haven't read this book or read it in High School, I encourage you to pick it up again. Ponder on what character best represents you now and what you think you may have been in those different circumstances.
So even in times of economical turmoil, I trust in my Savior and I am grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's great to see you on again, I was wondering when we'd hear from you. I can't say I have ever read that book but it sounds wonderful. Times are hard for people right now, but I think now is the perfect time for us to remember what we HAVE been blessed with and be thankful. Thanks for your blog enrty. . . .see I am already more thankful :)
Post a Comment