Friday, October 7, 2011

Fall Fun

While the Cornaby's were here for Thanksgiving I was lucky enough to get this picture of Dale and Arianna (there oldest). We have known them since before they had any kids so we are pretty close and the kids feel as close to each other as close cousins. They are always looking forward to the next visit.
Darling Lucas. You can see the football game going, relaxing and the card table up for whatever board games we'd been playing.
Webelos activity. Every year since I have been the Webelos Den Mother, I have taken my group to the studio of a local artist. She lets us use all her supplies and teaches the kids a little about her medium of choice which is oils. And as the post continue you will see how her enthusiasm has rubbed off on me.
Along with the annual art project I do a Christmas party for all the cub scouts at my house each year. These are just my Webelos boys and there creations but each den will get a gingerbread house to decorate and then we have a contest. My kitchen floor gets a good scrubbing the next day after all the sugar icing. But I wouldn't have it any other way. We all have a great time!
I was telling my SIL the other day how I wanted little girls so bad when I just had my two boys. Since I have had daughters (whom I love and adore!) I have to admit that I have realized I would have made a great mother to all boys! Even though a girly girl I am, I have a very hard time understanding the emotions of my daughters. I totally get my boys, I ask, "Jordan, whats wrong?" Answer, "I am Happy, Mad, Sad, or Hungry!" I ask, "Amelia, whats wrong?" Answer, " I don't know!!!, SOB SOB SOB!!!!"

No comments: