So this is our house in Colorado it is in a brand new subdivision called Raspberry Hill (cute right?)but when the wind blows we get a bit of grit in our teeth. We moved in a couple of days before
Halloween last year and since about February every weekend has been devoted to working on our yard.

The yard is almost half an acre, I was determined to have a big yard. Now I will tell you it is not all that it is cracked up to being, at least not yet. Because it is a new house as you can see there is nothing in the backyard but dirt. Now you may be wondering why in the world are we bringing in more dirt? Well in this part of Colorado the soil is very clay, and won't
absorb water well. So we have to till in some compost to grow grass, trees, and our garden. This is a very bad picture showing just how much dirt we had dumped on our sidewalk and street, if any of you have
experience with yard
measurements it came in at twenty-five yards. It took us twenty four hours to move it to the back yard. I tell you I shoveled for about eight hours and Taylor shoveled and dumped for about sixteen hours. We were exhausted!
7 comments:
Hey Michele! I jumped over to your blog from Chelsea's. How are you doing? We are good. I have a blog too, although it is private. If you'd like to be invited, email me at ct7brown (at) comcast dot net.
I can't believe how grown up your kids are! Amelia is so beautiful!
It's so nice to see how wonderful life after grad school is! It gives me hope. :) The kids look adorable. I'm glad everything is going so well!
michele, found you though chels along with everyone else. :) ....so fun that you are in colorado. so are we!! how far is raspberry hill from denver. we should get together sometime :) e-mail me and we can figure something out. jandl_tippetts@hotmail.com
leslie
Hi Michele, Jamie forwarded your blog to me. And since Reianna raves about you all the time I had to read it. I can totally understand the yardwork. We went through the same thing with both of our houses. The first time we landscaped and did sprinklers was in Utah and we said never again. But then we moved to Texas and built a house again and did it all over, but this time it is for sure never again! Well, at least until we move... BTW cute pictures of your family!
I am so so so jealous of your big yard!!! Yards in Oregon are TINY! (like most new houses have 10 feet to the back fence, and that's it!!!) So nice to let those boys run out there!!!
Raspberry Hill sounds so cool. I would love to name my street something different! House is great... holy moley HUge! cant wait to see how the yard looks once it gets plants etc.... lets see some belly shots too please!
I can't believe you shoveled for eight hours and pregnant! How many times did you have to go to the chiropractor after that? Hopefully we'll get to see you guys in a few weeks! :-)
Sherilee
Post a Comment