Monday, October 3, 2011

Hack Job!!!

I can't even call this a hair cut. Jasmin was truly hacked at. I had a friend tend my girls one day and between her son and Amelia they had at Jasmin's hair. The first couple hours I didn't realize what had happened (my friend told me she found them using detangler) so it just looked like a bunch of something was in her hair making it weird. About know I found globs of hair in Amelia's room on the floor so that is when I investigated. Come to find out, Jasmin had huge chunks of hair missing all around her head. It was more then I could bear there were definitely many tears on my part.
I was so overwhelmed with trying to fix this mess on her head that I took her in to get it cut, this was the very best she could do. You can't tell in the pictures but she didn't cut the hair as short as some of the missing clumps (which is what I would have done) but just tried to cover them up with some of the longish strands that were left. Bravo to her, she did a much better job then I would have done.
You can kind of see one of the missing clumps at her ear, the hair is VERY thin right there. And right above her bangs there is a very short chunk missing. :(
Since Amelia was involved I told her it was not fair that she cut all of Jasmin's hair off and she still gets to keep her long hair so I gave her bangs and bob. No hacking for her, which maybe I should have done. There didn't seem to be a lesson learned, she thought the hair cut was great! Although I will say she hasn't tried to cut Jasmin's hair again.

1 comment:

Reianna said...

How long ago was this? Was it just recently? What a tragedy. It something I haven't even thought about yet with just boys. Both are super cute even with the short hair.