Sunday, June 15, 2008
A long weekend and "Another One Bites The Dust"
I just got a family update from a good friend of mine from Ithaca. She is one of those amazing people you are just so grateful you have had the opportunity to know. One of the things she talked about were some cute ideas she worked out with her daughter who was having a hard time controlling her temper. My two favorite sayings she came up with are, “READY, SET, BLOW!! MAKE THAT YUCKY FEELING GO!” Another one was “Hug a mommy, Hug her tight, Hug her ‘till you feel alright!” When you talk to people who try so hard to be a good parent, it really inspires me to be better and work harder. It is very hard to be a good parent so I love when I get new ideas from people. This was a great thing to read for me beacause the whole update was completely up lifting which is what I needed after my weekend.
I have a little more then a week before due date and I am both excited and nervous. I am feeling more and more tired every day. I want to do so much more then I can and a lot of days I just go forward and then I pay for it by evening. On Friday morning Taylor (Taylor has every other Friday off) and I went out to the grass and pulled all the crab grass starts from our big section of sod. It took 3 hours starting at 6 am to get about 3/4 of the way done. But by that evening every joint was aching and I just didn't want to move. We did get that job done on Saturday along with putting in the boarder around all the grass with some help from our good friends the Cornaby's who are passing through Denver on there way to Spanish Fork since they graduated from Cornell. Sherilee Cornaby is 7 months pregnant with her third so we make a nice pair.
With that introduction to my pregnant friend I'll go on with my weekend. This morning was really a hard morning for me. I couldn't sleep in even though it was a perfect morning for it, so a was awake before 6am. I was climbing out of bed when I heard the phone ring. It was my sister Marie announcing the birth of her third, another girl which is very exciting, except after she told me her birth story I kind of slipped into a funk because her story is almost the most perfect birth story I have ever heard and my attitude was pretty poor, thinking that mine will never be that good. Following that conversation I was looking out the window at my garden and what do I see but a pesky rabbit climb and then jump over my "rabbit proof fence" that cost way more then it should. I promptly grabbed shoes and went to tell that rabbit what for and it smartly did the same maneuver to get back out of the garden and run away. Now before 7 am I saw him get in again and try a third time before I threw my shoe at it. Well in the mean time my friend Sherilee comes out to join me in my sorry attempts at keeping the rabbit away from my tender plants, I sit down in our hammock (built to hold 400 lbs) I scoot over and she comes and sits with me. And before I knew what had happened, we were both on the ground. I don't think it would have been so bad except our hammock is a free standing unit that has the bar across the bottom as a support so both of us have a lovely bruise and very sore lower backs. So after two hours of church neither one of us could handle sitting in those chairs any longer, home we came and since then it has been a very lovely Sunday, with Taylor pampering me to no end on FATHERS DAY! How ironic, since I had racked my brain to figure out the different fun things I was going to do for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Ouch! John got me a hammock for Mother's Day, which was a week before Nathan was born. He climbed on to show me how nice it was and it broke on him. I remember thinking how glad I was that it wasn't me. I feel for you and Sherilee. Tell her hi for me!
You poor thing! But the story of you and Sherilee and the hammock is pretty amazing, and I'm sure it'll become a family legend for both of you. Hang in there!
Bless you, sweetie! I'm sad that I'm not coming for this birth, but excited for you to be done (it sounds like you are more than ready yourself!). I can't believe you got out their and pulled all that grass...when I was that far along I just sat on my ***! (I only put that in because it rymed so nice, I hope it made you smile!)Anyway...you are an awesome gal and I can't wait to hear your amazing birth story!
he he, I can just picture you guys! So Shiralee and Sterling are movin' to Spanish Fork hey??? That's where Dave first met Lynnie Genho. We lived there for a few months working for FMC.
Ohhh Michele... 1 week... Im thinking of you. You will be just great and I bet you will have a great birth story. It always hurts like hell though! But remember , its only a few (or a few more) hours to get through. But doesnt it just occupy EVERY darn thought you have!!!!!
Oh Michele! What a weekend, huh? So sad about the hammock! You poor prego ladies didn't deserve that! Good luck with the baby! So exciting!
Michele, I don't think I can come up with something to say as funny as Marcy, but hang in there. Soon Mom will be with you and your baby will come. You will have your own amazing birth story and we are soooo excited to hear it. Good luck with those pesky rabits. I'm sure a little deer fence would work:)
One week to go--Congratulations! I just sent an invite to our blog after hearing from Sherilee. Best wishes.
Michele, I wish you much patience for this final leg! This story made me laugh, because I could SO see it happening to me!
Can't wait until we hear about the birth.
Those little sayings are grea for tantrums. I will say one the next time I have a tantrum:) Good luck with your birth. I know it will be just perfect for you and your family!
I think I can laugh at us two pregnant ladies falling. But at the time, it sure didn't feel so great! Still have a sore spot on the back, but other than that, I think I'm fine. For once I'm thankful for my soft fatty backside that took the bar's beating!
don't worry your birth can't be any worse than mine was with my son. Not everyone c an have a perfect birth. I am sure you will do great good luck.
p.s if you want to check out my blog its www.nsblair.blogspot.com
Having 2 two pregnant ladies fall to the ground is actually a pretty scary thing. . .it's funny to think that we all find that so amusing. I have to admit I laughed out loud when I read that part. I am just glad you both were okay. I wish you the best with your birth and I will be right here praying for you.- Jamie
Michele... whats going on girl???? have you had the baby yet? Thinking about you. xoxo
Post a Comment