Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Dog Diaries
We keep her, we get rid of her, we keep her, we get rid of her. Right now we are getting rid of this darling fur ball. It is unfortunate because she truly is better then I could imagine for dog temperament, but come to discover I am so not a dog person, at least at this point in my life. I'll admit I feel a little guilty about it, I didn't think I would but I guess its all the postings on craigslist that criticize people like me for doing what I'm doing. I wasn't careless at all about getting a dog I had thought a lot about it, read a lot about the responsibilities of dog ownership and I talked to a lot of dog owners. You just really don't know what it is like until you have one. So any of you who have done what I am about to do, I understand, and for those who think what I am doing is totally irresponsible, I am sorry! I wish all you dog owners good luck!
I will let you know if anything changes with the Dog Diaries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am with ya there. I don't think I am a dog person either. I almost got rid of our cat when she was a kitten because she distroyed everything and Gregg and I were getting really frustrated. So I understand. You have to do whats best for you and your family. Good Luck finding a good home for her.
I am debating whether to get a dog. It sounds like it might be alot of work. It was great to see you guys this summer. I finally put your link on my blog, so I will check your blog more. :)
I love dogs, but people come first. Look into a breed specific rescue group. They will help you make sure you find a loving home. It may take a little bit longer but you won't have to deal with crazies and you can walk away with a good conscious.
Post a Comment